Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dashboard tan to black conversion

Difficulty: 4/5
Time: 6 hours

Tools
-100pc Craftsman set would be nice :)

I got all my black pieces from another wrecked RSX, interior was in very good condition. The hardest part was dashboard. First I removed the whole dashboard from my car, separated tan cover off the beam, then put black cover and my own beam.

What you need to remove before:
- disconnect battery
- steering wheel and rack (rent a special tool from autozone for this, it's easier to remove steering wheel without damaging the thread)
- glove box
- ECU cover
- passenger air bag
- fuse box
- a-pillars
- cluster
- radio ( each radio has specific code so you need to remember to swap it too)
- center console


before


during





after










No comments:

Post a Comment